The Bahá’í House of Worship for North America
A Symbol of the Oneness of Humanity
This sacred space, located in Wilmette, Illinois, is for all people to commune with God. It elevates the spirit and is a magnet for the hearts of all who long for peace and harmony. All are welcome. Bahá’í Houses of Worship join worship of God with service to humanity. This profound relationship between worship and service is strengthened through prayer.
Service to humanity is service to God. Let the love of the light of the Kingdom radiate through you until all who look upon you shall be illumined by its reflection.”
From the Bahá’í Writings
What You Can Do at the Temple
This House of Worship was built and is maintained by voluntary contributions from members of the Bahá’í Faith. It is a gift for all people to use for personal prayer and meditation.
Being Mindful in this Sacred Space
- Shoes and shirts are required. Modest dress is recommended.
- Guide dogs and other service dogs are the only animals permitted.
- Please secure bicycles to the racks provided before entering the grounds.
- Group photography requires prior permission.
- Fashion, modeling or commercial photography is not permitted.
- Photography of any kind is not permitted in the auditorium.