“…. a haven for the deepest contemplation on spiritual reality and foundational questions of life.”
The Baha’i Writings
Breathe, Reflect, Connect
Every one of us has a soul that longs to connect with its Creator and to contribute to a better world. The Baha’i House of Worship stands as a testament to these purposes, offering a quiet and safe space to go inward and revitalize your sense of purpose in the world.
We are located at 100 Linden Ave in Wilmette, Ill. Parking is available on-site. The CTA Purple Line Linden Station is a few blocks away.
How can we help you?
Please submit this form for special requests, including:
- Prayer requests
- Arranging a group tour
- Help with a student project
See the House of Worship event calendar here. Admission is always free.
The Temple Auditorium is open to visitors during the following hours:
Every day from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The Welcome Center is open to visitors during the following hours:
- Wed., 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Thurs. – Sun., 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
(The Welcome Center and Bookshop are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.)
The Welcome Center Bookshop is open:
- Wednesday. 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday – Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
(The Bookshop closes one hour earlier than the Welcome Center.)
We regret that restrooms are not available on the House of Worship property when the Welcome Center is closed.
Bahá’í Holy Day Programs at the House of Worship:
- July 10 (Sun.) Anniversary of the Martyrdom of the Bab – Devotional programs in the Temple Auditorium at 7:00 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
Choral Music Festival
- July 10 (Sun.) 14th Annual Choral Devotional Concerts held in the Temple Auditorium at 9:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. The concerts will be in honor of the Baha’i holy day commemorating the Martyrdom of the Bab in Persia in 1850. The 1:00 p.m. concert will be a live broadcast.
Brief programs of prayers and readings (about 15 minutes) are shared in the Auditorium at the following times:
- Wednesday mornings at 7:00 a.m.
- Wednesday through Sunday at 12:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Sundays at 12:30 p.m. – the program is about 30 minutes and includes a capella singing and a written program on a particular theme.
Spanish devotional programs – on the 1st Sundays of each month at 2:00 p.m., followed at 2:30 p.m. by an informational meeting in Spanish about the Bahá’í Faith in the Welcome Center presentation room.
Sign up for the House of Worship eNewsletter.
Visit our Facebook page
There is no clergy in the Baha’i Faith and no sermons or speeches are given in the Auditorium. Excerpts from scripture are pre-selected by the House of Worship staff and read aloud by local community members.
The Baha’i Faith teaches that every individual can investigate religious and spiritual truth. During your visit, you are free to explore the Baha’i Faith’s unifying teachings, including the oneness of humanity, the common threads among all major religions, and the connection between the human spirit and the betterment of the world.
The Fireside Room
Being Mindful in this Sacred Space
Guidelines: Shoes and shirts are required. Modest dress is recommended. Guide dogs and other service dogs are the only animals permitted. Please secure bicycles to the racks provided before entering the grounds.
Photography: Group photography requires prior permission. Fashion, modeling or commercial photography is not permitted. Photography of any kind is not permitted in the Auditorium.