Photography at the Bahá’í House of Worship
In order to maintain a sacred and peaceful atmosphere,
- Photography is not permitted inside the Temple Auditorium.
- Personal photography is permitted in the gardens, Welcome Center, and exterior surroundings as long as care is taken to show courtesy to others and respect to the sacred environment.
- Please do not block entrances, pathways, or garden areas. (See map on this page.)
- Use of special lighting or other large photography equipment, live or recorded music or sound effects, costumes, balloons, banners, furniture, and other props, as well as clothing changes are not permitted on the House of Worship property. (The restrooms may not be used for clothing changes.)
- Alcohol, smoking, or vaping, swearing/vulgar language, loud voices and excessive noise, as well as engaging in violent and destructive behavior, wearing sexually revealing clothing or posing in sexually provocative ways are not allowed on the House of Worship property – including in the parking lots, the Welcome Center, the gardens, and the Temple Auditorium.
- Other prohibited activities include eating, picnicking, running, skateboarding, and bicycling in the gardens (see bike racks at the entrance to the parking lot).
- No climbing on or wading in reflecting pools or fountains, no picnics, no walking in or entering garden beds or mulched areas not intended for walking. Please do not bring any pets or other animals except registered service animals onto the property or gardens.
- The Baha’i House of Worship is private property, and we reserve the right to restrict access to certain areas, or to revoke access at our discretion without notice. Disruptive behavior could result in a request to leave the property and/or calls to local police.
The Bahá’í House of Worship
is a place for prayer, meditation, and exploration about the connection between worshiping God and offering service to humanity. It is for people from all beliefs, cultures, and backgrounds. All are welcome to enjoy the beauty of the gardens and the unique design of the building; to gather on its grounds for fellowship, prayer and reflection.
While photography is permitted in the gardens, we ask that all visitors observe a few guidelines in keeping with the sacred purpose of the building and to ensure an uplifting experience for all.
Large Group and Formal/Staged Photography
A permit is required for non-commercial video projects, photo shoots, or photo activities such as wedding pictures, engagements, graduations, celebrations, Quinceañeras, student projects, or similar activities. (Fill out the “H.O.W. Photo Permit” form on this page.)
There are no fees for photo permits.
The House of Worship reserves the right to refuse admittance for photography/videography and/or to change its photo policy without advance notice.
During your visit, you may be filmed, videotaped, and/or photographed by a House of Worship employee or contract photographer. Your attendance serves as permission for the use of your image by the Bahá’í House of Worship and its constituents.
The number of video and photo shoots allowed at one time is limited. We recommend submitting requests at least a few weeks in advance to reserve your preferred date and time.
If your request is approved, videos and photos may be taken only in designated areas as shown in green on the map below, only at the reserved time and sessions are limited to one hour.
Permits will be issued at the Welcome Center when you arrive. Please check in upon arrival to receive a permit badge, which must be worn by the photographer. (A driver’s license or car keys will be required and returned when the badge is returned to the Welcome Center.)
The image of the Bahá’í House of Worship is a federally registered trademark. The production and sale of merchandise using the image of the Bahá’í House of Worship is not permitted for compensation without prior written approval of the trademark owner.
No commercial photography is allowed at the House of Worship and the building is not available as a backdrop for modeling shoots, glamour shots, or in any other way that can aid in the sale or promotion of a product, influencer, or service.
No photographer/photography or videographer/video or other commercial enterprise may expressly or implicitly convey the endorsement of the Bahá’í House of Worship. The publication, public distribution or public display of Bahá’í House of Worship images in any way that might imply endorsement of any kind is not permitted without prior written approval of the trademark owner.
News outlets, filmmakers, journalists and other media interests who wish to take photographs, video, or conduct film shoots at the House of Worship must have prior approval. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on policies and procedures.
Drone launching or operation is not permitted on the Bahá’í House of Worship grounds. Drones operated over the Temple and Temple property from remote locations are also not permitted if they create a disturbance or safety hazard. Violations may be reported to local police.
H.O.W. Photo PermitA permit is required for non-commercial: video projects, photo shoots, or photo activities such as wedding pictures, engagements, graduations, celebrations, Quinceañeras, student projects, or similar activities. There are no fees for photo permits.
“The holy fragrances of the Mashriqu’l-Adhkár (Dawning place of the mention of God) vivify the souls of the righteous, and its vitalizing breezes confer life upon the pure in heart.”