Irfan Colloquium offers gatherings for Baha’i studies
Since 1993, the Irfan Colloquium has hosted several seminars each year to foster systematic study of fundamental Baha’i beliefs and their relationship to other religions and schools of thought. Separate seminars in the English, German and Persian languages are held in the United States, Italy and Germany.
These friendly gatherings provide an informal and collegial atmosphere for people interested in systematic Baha’i studies to meet and associate.
The seminars include presentations by scholars from different countries on basic Baha’i teachings and writings; the interface between the Baha’i Faith and current intellectual and religious trends; and challenging social issues.
In honor of the centennial celebration of the founding of the League of Nations, the theme of the colloquium for 2020 will be “The Dawning of the Lesser Peace,” with special focus on the developmental process of establishing unity among nations and governments.
Participants receive a free set of recent Irfan publications.
Here is the schedule of sessions for 2020 (each program begins the evening of the first day and ends the evening of the last day):
- May 21–24: 164th (Persian) and 165th (English) Irfan Colloquia, Bosch Baha’i School, Santa Cruz, California; registration/lodging: www.irfancolloquium.com
- June 19–25: 166th Irfan Colloquium (Persian), Center for Baha’i Studies, Acuto, Italy; registration/lodging: www.lapanoramicahotel.com
- June 25–29: 167th Irfan Colloquium (English), Center for Baha’i Studies, Acuto, Italy; registration/lodging: www.lapanoramicahotel.com
- July 16–19: 168th Irfan Colloquium (German), Tambach Seminar Center, Tambach, Germany; registration/lodging: www.tambach.de
- Oct. 8–11: 169th (Persian) and 170th (English) Irfan Colloquia, Louhelen Baha’i School, Davison, Michigan; registration/lodging: www.irfancolloquium.com